Objectives of the NSW Business Chamber Awards program
Why do we conduct a Business Awards program?
- To recognise and celebrate the success of business members across the state.
- To raise the profile of both members and the Chamber movement in the broader business community at a local, regional and state level.
- To build equity in the Chamber brand by showcasing successful business members (brand association).
- Entry to the NSW Business Chamber Business Awards program is open to members and associate members via our local Chamber Alliance partners.
- Members can enter at either a regional level or local level, dependent on whether a Local Chamber conducts a Local Awards program that has aligned categories with the NSW Business Chamber Awards program.\
- Where there are Local Awards, Members must enter via their Local Chamber awards program.
Process for businesses that enter via the local chamber
- Local chamber awards program aligned categories
- Entrants judged at local level
- Aligned category winners announced at local gala event
- Local chamber aligned category winners become regional category finalists* and are judged at regional level
- Regional category winners announced at regional gala event
- Regional winners automatically become state category finalists
- Judged at state level
*Subject to meeting the terms and conditions of the NSW Business Chamber Business Awards program.
General Terms and Conditions NSW Business Awards and MGGL Local Awards Program
Eligibility of Local Chamber of Commerce (LCC) members:
- Where a Local Chamber Awards program exists and that LCC partner aligns all or some of their categories and criteria with the NSW Business Chamber Awards program LCC members cannot enter directly into the NSW Business Chamber Awards for those aligned categories at a regional level.
- Where a Local Chamber Awards program does not exist, LCC members can enter directly into the NSW Business Chamber Awards at a regional level.
- A business/individual is eligible to enter into multiple local chamber awards within a region. You will be required to enter a new username per entry submission.
- Local Chamber Award winners are eligible to progress to the NSW Business Chamber Regional Awards program as a Regional finalist subject to:
- Complying with the NSW Business Chambers Business Award program, Terms and Conditions.
- The Local Chamber category winner’s entry being submitted via the NSW Business Chamber Business Awards online entry system for the purposes of judging.
Minimum operating period:
- To enter in the NSW Business Awards the business must have been operating continuously for minimum of two years at the time of entry (Local Start Up Award excepted).
- 2015 Regional Winners and State category winners cannot enter the same category in 2016, but are eligible to enter a different category or categories. This excludes the Local Chamber of the Year category.
- Entry into Business Leader category is not open to Board members of the NSW Business Chamber (including their businesses). This category is also not open to NSW Business Chamber Regional Advisory Councillors.
General Terms and Conditions specifically for MGGL Local Recognition Award Categories:
- Entrants must be located in the Manning Valley, Gloucester or Great Lakes region
- Entrants must be received by 5pm Friday June 10, 2016.
- Every question must be answered
- Submissions should not exceed 250 words per question in Local Recognition Award Categories
- All information remains confidential
- The Manning Valley, Gloucester and Great Lakes Business Chambers reserve the rights to preclude any entry which may negatively impact on the reputation of the Business Awards
- The judge’s decision will be final.
- To the best of your knowledge the information contained in this entry is correct and accurate at the time of submission.
Please note additional T&Cs apply to certain categories.